Our Kickstarter is live until December 5th!
Please consider donating so we can afford to advertise our app to an audience of 200,000-500,000 people.
It is our goal to help as many people as possible eliminate animal products from their diets.
The money donated to this kickstarter will directly help hundreds of thousands of people go vegan/vegetarian, and save millions of factory farmed animals’ lives!
Vegan Corn Bread
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Prepare an 8” square baking tray with non-stick spray. I use Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil Spray.
- 6 TBS warm Water
- 2 TBS Ground Flax Seed
Set aside to thicken.
In a large Bowl, with a fork or whisk combine:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Corn meal ( I use Bob’s Red Mill Stone ground)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
Add the following to the dry ingredients:
- The Ground Flax Seed Mixture
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (or soy if you prefer)
Once all the ingredients are combined, dump it in your prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes (maybe a bit more…use a toothpick to check)
Cool on Wire rack for 10 min.
Add Earth Balance and drizzle your piece with some agave. Enjoy!
Just scanned a sin dawg from Dave’s Killer Bread. This is definitely Vegan. I bought 12 at th Dave’s Killer Bread store ear Portland. I love them. …
And definitely try the new App. http://www.isitvegan.net/
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
- Soyatoo (in the box - whip it up yourself..sooo good)
Really simple - Cut the puff pastry into the size you want. Bake it.
Let it cool and layer it with Soyatoo and strawberries.
It’s National Chocolate Chip Cookie Week!
I tried a new recipe that called for 1TBS of Tapioca Flour. I hate buying ingredients for 1 recipe but found it in the bulk section of New Frontiers. I probably bought 1/2 cup and spent around $1.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
In a Large bowl, Mix the following together for 2 minutes. (don’t cheat…you need the full 2 minutes):
- 2/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 TBS Tapioca Flour
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
I use a cookie scoop. I usually scoop out 12 on 1 cookie sheet and then maybe 6 more on another.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Cool on Cookie tray for about 5 minutes
Place on wire racks.
This is our favorite soft batch Chocolate Chip Cookie. Try making ice cream sandwiches with them!
BROCCOLI DELIGHT SALAD
This is one of those salads that always appeared at the church potlucks. There are literally 6 different versions of this in our homemade church cookbook. I took the best ingredients from each and veganized it.
Combine the following in a large bowl:
- 6 Cups of Fresh Broccoli florets..cut up into bite size pieces.
- 1/4 Cup of finely chopped Red Onion.
- 1/2 Cup Raisins ( White Raisins are tasty too)
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds (I like the salted roasted ones.)
In a separate bowl, whisk together the following:
- 1 1/2 cups of Vegenaise
- 3/8 Cup Sugar
- 3 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
Pour the Dressing over the Broccoli mixture and stir to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour to give the flavors a chance to blend and soak in.
Eggless Egg Salad
Combine the following ingredients in a large bowl:
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu (Squeeze out all the water) -Mash with a fork.
- 2 Large Celery Stalks finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Veganaise
- 1 TBS Yellow Prepared Mustard
- 1/4 cup Sweet Pickle Relish (New Frontiers has a Vegan one)
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- pinch of pepper
Blend together and refrigerate for hors for the flavors to blend. You can change the proportions to suit your taste.
Try Dave’s Killer Bread - This one is Good Seed.
I don’t see why not. Any hot sauce you prefer would work. Enjoy.
Amish White Bread
"Just google Amish White Bread." I’ve been saying this for a month, ever since I found this recipe. I give a loaf away or serve up some bread and everyone wants the recipe. It is that good! So go ahead and search "Amish White Bread" The 5 star one with almost 3000 reviews!
Here’s a copy: Note in step 3 - It took 1 hour for my bread to rise not 30 min)
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.